Peter: the history
Born: ° August 10th, 1962
- Bachelor in Family Sciences (Brussels, 1985)
- Master in Psychology and Pedagogical Sciences (University of Leuven, 1985)
- PhD Psychology and Pedagogical Sciences (Leiden, The Netherlands, 2002)
So, officially it is: Dr. Vermeulen Peter, MSc, PhD but Peter just prefers to be named Peter
- Psychotherapist and counsellor at a Centre for Mental Hygiene (1986 – 1987)
- Vlaamse Vereniging Autisme (Flemish Autism Society) : Hometrainer (1987 – 1990)
- Vlaamse Vereniging Autisme (Flemish Autism Society): Director Hometraining Service(1990 – 1997)
- Senior lecturer and consultant at Autisme Centraal (2000-2021)
Peter: the present
- Autism in Context: founder, director, CEO, lecturer, consultant, website developer, secretary, light bulb replacer, catering and logistic employee. Occasionally, Peter even does the cleaning of the office of Autism in Context.
- Sterkmakers in autisme:
- Senior Autism Lecturer and Consultant
- Chief Editor of “Sterk in Autisme!”, bimonthly magazine of Sterkmakers in autisme
- Responsible for autism awareness campaigns and ‘autism friendliness’ support activities
- Reviewer for Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders; Journal of Intellectual Disability – Diagnosis and Treatment
When Peter is not presenting, writing, driving or flying around for his job, he can usually be found on one of his 4 bicycles, trying to imitate Tour de France winners, hereby being oblivious to his age and physical state. When tired from cycling, he can be found at home, with his wife and their dog (which actually is more a Gremlin than a dog). Or he is playing with his grandchildren. Because the Gremlin loves the beach, Peter often spends his weekends at the seaside, savouring seafood and – being a descendant of a brewing family – enjoying a good beer.
Peter: the future
Well, to be honest, we have no crystal ball, so therefore we cannot write much about Peter’s future. But if you are interested where Peter will be presenting in the coming months, please navigate to the page about Peter’s presentations.